Medicare Part C (sometimes referred to as “Medicare Advantage”) are plans offered through private insurance companies which combine:
- All the beneﬁts of Part A
- All the beneﬁts of Part B
- Prescription drug coverage (Part D) is included in many Part C plans
- Plus additional benefits and built-in programs may be bundled with Part C plans (i.e. vision, hearing, dental, fitness programs, etc.)
Medicare Part C plans typically have low or no monthly premium, with fixed co-payments for services. You must always continue to pay your monthly Part B premium.
To be eligible for Part C, you must:
- be enrolled in Medicare Parts A and B
- permanently live in the plan’s service area
- not have end-stage renal disease (ESRD)
Which Doctors Can I See?:
Coverage is often limited to a defined network of doctors and providers (except for emergency care) and you may be required to choose a primary care physician.
If you have questions about Medicare Part C, we’re here to help. Contact us anytime at (941) 405 – 3900.