Do you have trouble paying your monthly Medicare premiums or other Medicare costs? If you have limited income and assets, you may qualify for help with medical costs for care you receive under Medicare. Your income includes money you get from retirement benefits or other money that you report for tax purposes. The income eligibility levels vary by program.
Below are a few financial assistance programs that may be available to you if you meet the eligibility requirements:
- Medicaid: helps pay costs not covered by Original Medicare (Part A and Part B). It may also include some added benefits that Original Medicare doesn’t cover, including prescription drugs and eye care.
- The Medicare Savings Program: helps you pay your Original Medicare premiums, deductibles and coinsurance.
- The State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP): provides information about Medicare coverage and financial assistance programs. If you qualify for Medicare, you qualify for this service.
- Programs of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE): combines medical, social and long-term care services for people over the age of 55 who meet the qualifications to receive nursing home care, but live and get their services in the community.
- Extra Help: a Medicare program that helps people with limited income and resources pay for Medicare prescription drug plan costs, such as premiums, deductibles and coinsurance.
For more information, call us at 941-405-3900.