This video explains Medicare Supplemental Insurance – sometimes referred to as Medigap – which is designed to help pay for some or all of the costs not covered by Original Medicare Parts A and B.
Medicare Supplement plans are offered by private insurance companies, and allow you to add a Medicare Supplement plan to Original Medicare to help pay for some or all of the out-of-pocket costs not paid by Original Medicare – like deductibles, co-payments, and co-insurance. These plans also:
- Let you choose your doctor or provider
- Travel with you if you move or travel within the Unites States (or sometimes outside of the U.S. in emergency situations)
They don’t cover things like:
- Prescription drugs (but you can choose to enroll in both a Medicare Supplement plan and a Part D prescription drug plan for more complete coverage)
To be eligible for a Medicare Supplement plan:
- You must be entitled to Part A and enrolled in Part B
- You must not have End-Stage Renal Disease
If you would like more information about Medicare, contact us 941-405-3900.