This video explains Medicare Part C – otherwise referred to as Medicare Advantage, which was established to provide Medicare coverage through private insurance companies.
Medicare Advantage or Part C provides a single plan that combines services that you get with Original Medicare (Parts A and B), adds additional benefits, plus prescription drug coverage if you want it.
They can also include coverage for vision, hearing, and even gym and health club memberships.
To be eligible for Medicare Advantage plans:
- You must be entitled to Part A and enrolled in Part B
- You must permanently reside in the plan’s service area
- You must not have End-Stage Renal Disease
Most Medicare Advantage plans have:
- A low to zero dollar monthly premium
- Deductibles that must be met annually
- A co-payment or co-insurance for only the services you use – not for those you don’t.
- A maximum-out-of-pocket limit to help keep your cost share down.
If you would like more information about Medicare, call us at 1-941-405-3900.