The holidays are often surrounded by lots of eating, drinking, and all of your favorite holiday treats. Although it is a time of celebration, you can still enjoy the foods you love in moderation. Below are a few simple tips that may help keep you healthy during the holiday season.
- Get plenty of rest and try to maintain your regular sleeping habits.
- Don’t ditch your workout routine just because you may be traveling. Be creative and find a unique way to stay physically active.
- Hide holiday treats. Out of sight, out of mind.
- It’s flu season – so be sure to wash your hands often. Better yet, get your flu shot.
- Reach out to family or friends if you are feeling lonely.
- Eat a healthy snack before leaving home. You won’t be as tempted to over indulge at the holiday party.
- Don’t neglect yourself. If you don’t feel well, see your doctor.
- Enjoy the foods you love, but do so in moderation.
- Bring extra medications with you when traveling out of town.
- Walk away from the buffet table and mingle with your friends and family.
Have a happy, healthy, and safe holiday season.